This site uses own and third parties cookies to help us personalize our site to you, improve our services and customize our advertisements according to your preferences from your navigation habits. If you agree to continue surfing, we take this to mean that you are fine with our cookies policy. More information.

IDEC - Universitat Pompeu Fabra

Home > Students > International students > Legal procedures

International students

Legal procedures

Once accepted to one of our programs, you will have to complete a series of procedures in order to legalize your stay in Spain. We recommend that you consult the website of Living in Barcelona.

  • Students from the EU
  • Students from outside the EU
    • Obtaining your student visa
    • Obtaining health coverage during your time in Spain. Make sure that your medical insurance is written in Spanish (if not you will have to translate it by a sworn translator and legalize it with the stamp of your consulate) and that all the amounts are stated in Euros. It must include medical assistance, hospitalization in case of accident and surgery. Cobertis offers medical insurance for the foreign students of UPF-IDEC (check any of the �incoming� insurances).
    • Apply for the NIE (Foreign National Identification Number), once you are in Barcelona

Twitter Linkedin Bookmark and Share
© IDEC-Universitat Pompeu Fabra